Unfortunately, Mozilla is having trouble getting their website to work properly for their great world record attempt. The servers are either down or slow to respond or showing the download links for version 184.108.40.206. Ugh...
Fortunately, there is a way to get around it and download Firefox 3 such that (I'm fairly certain) your download counts for the world record. If you want one of the following configurations, I've done the work for you:
If you have need for some other configuration, follow this procedure:
- Go to the Firefox download page.
- Assuming it loads, copy the appropriate download link for your system and language. (In Firefox, right-click or ctrl-click (on the Mac) to bring up the context menu. Select "Copy link location.")
- Paste the link in the URL field of your browser.
- Change part of the text of the link from "220.127.116.11" (without quotes) to "3.0" (also without quotes).
- Hit Enter and start downloading! The download went very smoothly for me. I think it's just the website that's having the problems.
I hope by the time you read this, the problems will all be dealt with. If not, at least there's something you can do.
Update @ 23:16: 45 minutes later, it appears that Mozilla has the proper links up now. Happy downloading!